Let’s Change Your Name

Choose a name change kit to get started

NewlyNamed Box


A complete name change kit delivered to your door

Add to my registry
  • Auto-Filled Applications

  • Online Document Access

  • Step-By-Step Instructions

  • Unlimited Name Change Support

  • NewlyNamed Box with Printed Checklist and Applications

  • Pre-Paid Mailing Envelopes

  • Printing Not Required



Perfect if you have a
printer and mailing supplies

  • Auto-Filled Applications

  • Online Document Access

  • Step-By-Step Instructions

  • Unlimited Name Change Support

  • NewlyNamed Box with Printed Checklist and Applications

  • Pre-Paid Mailing Envelopes

  • Printing Not Required

Both kits include name change instructions for:

  • Social Security

  • U.S. Passport

  • Driver’s License

  • Title & Registration

  • Voter Registration

  • U.S. Postal Service

  • Internal Revenue Service

  • Banks

  • Credit Cards

  • Investment Accounts

  • Airline Loyalty Programs

  • Hotel Loyalty Programs

  • Online Subscriptions

  • TSA Pre✓

  • And more!

The Knot Best of Weddings 2020-2022
Forbes Logo
Brides Logo

Over 100,000 Happy Customers

Packages FAQ

What's in a NewlyNamed kit?

Our name change kits are personized based on your information.

Every kit includes applications and step-by-step instructions for:

  • Social Security
  • U.S. Passport
  • Driver’s License
  • Vehicle Title & Registration
  • Voter Registration
  • United States Postal Service

We also provide name change instructions for your personal accounts from our database of 2,000+ organizations:

  • Professional licenses/certifications
  • Bank accounts
  • Credit cards
  • Investment accounts
  • TSA Pre✓ and Global Entry
  • Airline loyalty programs
  • Hotel loyalty programs
  • Vehicle loyalty programs
  • Subscription/membership services
  • and more…

Who is NewlyNamed for?

NewlyNamed is focused on helping anyone who is changing their name due to marriage or divorce. Note, you are not able to change your first name due to marriage or divorce.

We also support court-ordered name changes (first, middle, and last) but we are unable to help you obtain a court order.

Our name change kits assume you have a legal name change document (marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court order).

What do I need to use NewlyNamed?

You need a marriage certificate (if married), a divorce decree (if divorced), or a court order (if you are changing your first name or creating a new name).

If divorced, your divorce decree must state that you are able to change your name to a previous name (i.e. birth name or maiden name).

How does NewlyNamed work?

Step 1: Select the name change kit that works best for you (NewlyNamed Box or Print at Home).

Step 2:  You will then fill out a form with your basic personal information and select your personal accounts (banks, credit cards, loyalty programs, etc.). We will never ask you to enter sensitive information like your Social Security number, Passport number, account numbers, etc.

Step 3: Our software goes to work and creates your personalized name change kit.

Step 4: You’ll receive your name change kit via mail or downloadable PDF. Your kit includes applications (social security, passport, driver’s license, voter registration, etc.) and step-by-step instructions so you can confidently complete your name change.

Step 5: Sign, date and submit each application. The step-by-step instructions in the kit will guide you through your entire name change.

What personal information do you need from me?

We ask for basic information like name, address, date of birth, height, and hair color. We will never ask you for sensitive information like your social security number, passport number, driver’s license number, account numbers, etc.

Which kit is best for me?

NewlyNamed Box: If you want to do the least amount of work possible to change your last name.
Print at Home: If you have access to a printer and don’t mind gathering postage and envelopes.

Does NewlyNamed work in my state?

Yes! We cover all 50 US states and Washington D.C. We’ve got everything you need for your state.

What documents do you fill out for me?

We fill out your applications for:

  • Social Security
  • Passport
  • Voter Registration

In addition, we provide you with name change applications and instructions for your state (driver’s license, vehicle title, vehicle registration) and personal accounts (banks, credit cards, investment accounts, loyalty programs, etc.).

Will I have to pay additional fees?

We charge $39-89 for our kits. All other fees will be paid to federal and state agencies. Changing your name with the Social Security Administration is free. Renewing a passport over a year old, or applying for a first-time passport, requires a $110 fee paid directly to the U.S. State Department. Changing your name on your driver’s license, vehicle title, and vehicle registration requires additional fees which vary by state.

When will I receive my kit?

NewlyNamed Box: We will process your order in one business day. Shipping takes 2-5 business days.

Print at Home: You will receive immediate access to your name change kit.

I moved. Can I change my name and address at the same time?

Yes! Our name change kits will help you update your name and address at the same time. If you moved to a new state, our name change kits help you get the proper documents for your new state. You do not need to change your name in your old state before moving. You can obtain a driver’s license in your new name by submitting your current driver’s license in your old/maiden name.

Does NewlyNamed work for same-sex marriage name changes?

Yes! NewlyNamed works same-sex marriage name changes as long as you have a certified marriage certificate or a court order authorizing your name change. Every state has its own marriage laws and/or name change laws which you will need to follow.

I got married (or divorced) a while ago. Will NewlyNamed work for me?

Yes! Your legal name change document (marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court order) doesn’t expire. We’ve helped countless people who’ve been married (or divorced) for years and decide now is the right time to change their last name.

Can I use NewlyNamed to change my first name?

Yes! As long as you have already obtained a court order through your city/county courthouse. You cannot change your legal first name due to marriage (via a marriage certificate) or divorce (via a divorce decree).

Our name change kits assume you have your legal name change document (court order, marriage certificate, or divorce decree) in your physical possession.

I’m not a U.S. citizen. Can I use NewlyNamed?

Yes, our name change kits work for non-U.S. citizens living in the United States. However, you will need to update the name on your Green Card (or primary immigration document) before starting the name change process. NewlyNamed will assist with updating your U.S. documents and organizations. We do not assist in updating immigration documents (such as a green card) or foreign passports because we do not want to interfere with one’s immigration status or naturalization process. Our name change kits assume you already have an updated green card (or primary immigration document) showing your new name.

Can I gift a NewlyNamed Box?

Yes! You can gift a NewlyNamed Box by purchasing a NewlyNamed Box gift card. We provide gift cards because we need to collect information from the person changing their name to create their NewlyNamed Box (with a personalized name change kit inside).

Read All FAQ
name change kit

Ready to make it official?

NewlyNamed Box - $89
Print at Home - $39
Privacy Settings
We use cookies to enhance your experience while using our website. If you are using our Services via a browser you can restrict, block or remove cookies through your web browser settings. We also use content and scripts from third parties that may use tracking technologies. You can selectively provide your consent below to allow such third party embeds. For complete information about the cookies we use, data we collect and how we process them, please check our Privacy Policy
Consent to display content from Youtube
Consent to display content from Vimeo
Google Maps
Consent to display content from Google