Looking to change your TikTok Name and/or Username?
Our step-by-step guide will show you how to easily change your TikTok name that appears in your profile (i.e. NewlyNamed) and your Username/handle (i.e. tiktok.com/@newly_named).
TikTok Name Change (iOS and Android):
- Open the TikTok app on your phone and tap the profile tab.
- Next, tap Edit profile.
- Now go ahead and update your Name and Username.
- Tap the checkmark when you’re done to save.
See, that was easy!
What should I do after a TikTok name change?
- Make a new video announcing your new name to your followers.
- Change your name or username/handle on other social media accounts – Instagram, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, Pinterest, etc. This will also help keep your followers updated on your new name or username.
- If you changed your username (i.e. tiktok.com/@newly_named), make sure to update any links you’ve used outside the app such as other social media accounts or websites.
- If you’re changing your legal name due to marriage, divorce, or court order, you’ll need to start the name change process.
- If you changed the name of your brand or business, it’s also probably time to start updating those names everywhere else as well, which as on your website, email signature, business cards, advertisements, etc.
We hope you found our TikTok name change guide helpful!
- How to change your name on Instagram
- How to change your name on Facebook
- A complete guide on how to change your name after marriage
- Legal name change guide